Sunday, September 26, 2010

Poetry in the Catskills

Pam and I traveled to Greene County today to participate in the All Arts Matter Poetry Read-In. I placed third in their poetry contest in the spring, and this was the opportunity for the winners – and others – to read their work.

All Arts Matter is an arts center located in a former church in Greenville, NY. The center has existed for 11 years, and holds art exhibitions, classical concerts, readings, and theatre. This was the first time that I have actually received monetary compensation for my poetry, so this arts group in the middle of the Catskills will always be special for Pam and I. My thanks to Tony DiVito and his group for their very warm welcome on a nice fall afternoon in the mountains.

1 comment:

Geofhuth said...

David,

Trying to find a way to reach you outside of work.

Send me your address, since I'll be sending you one of my poems for the year soon. You can find my email address by clicking on my hyperlinked name here. My "About Me" page will give you my email.

Thanks!


Geof